Stryker

‘05 Rockpile Vineyard

Cabernet Sauvignon


$44.00 a bottle



I was very excited to find another winery that made Rockpile wines since my favorite wines come from this appellation. To my surprise Stryker winery in Alexander Valley makes a few different varietals from this appellation. This is definitely my kind of winery. The winery is located in the heart of the beautiful Alexander Valley. Their winery deck has some incredible vineyard veiws. You can definitely find serenity here. A couple weeks ago I was able to visit Stryker and meet for the first time one of my twitter friends Brian, who works there. It was great to finally meet him and he was very generous in letting me try all of their Rockpile wines. It was no surprise that after tasting all of them that their 05 Rockpile Cabernet Sauvignon was my favorite. Stryker’s Rockpile Vineyard is located 25 miles west of Lake Sonoma and 10 miles east of the Pacific Ocean at an elevation of 1900 feet. This high elevation and shallow red rocky soil stresses the vines and produces a grape so intense and rich with flavor. This is why I love RockPile wines so much. The aromas of this cabernet are of pepper and tobacco. First tasting of bell pepper and spice. This wine definitely has that genuine earthy smooth cabernet finish. Huge structure with this wine. Very hardy and screams to be paired with a great steak. This 05 Stryker Cabernet comes highly recommend. Stryker also makes other great RockPile wines which include a Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot.


No comments:

Post a Comment