Trione Vineyards


2005 Block Twenty One


Alexander Valley


Cabernet Sauvignon


$64.00 a bottle




I am way overdue on the blogging of this incredible Alexander Valley Cabernet. Trione’s Cabernet has been a favorite of mine for some time and is an excellent representation of how great Alexander Valley Cabernet's are. Trione Winery is located in the heart of the Alexander Valley in Geyserville, California. I have called this my home away from home. Not only can you find amazing Cabernet but the scenery is breath taking.



The Trione family has been growing grapes in Sonoma County for thirty five years, with over seven hundred and fifty acres of vineyards. I have personally gotten to meet and work with winemaker Scot Covington. Scot is a very modest, humble, and extremely talented winemaker. Since I am such a Cabernet lover I felt it only appropriate to blog Trione’s very first Cabernet vintage. This 2005 Cabernet is truly a master piece with excellent age on it but I feel it could still improve with time. A blend of 85% Cabernet, 10% Merlot, 2.5% Petite Verdot, and 2.5% Malbec. This Cabernet has aromas of red currants, dark fruits, sage, and hints of musty light oak and pepper. First tasting on the palate lots of dark fruits, light cherry, and spice. Finishing with a leathery cigar box light pepper taste. A very spicy Cabernet full of layers but not over bearing and extremely smooth.



I have been extremely fortunate to be invited now for my second year to help with harvest at Trione Winery. They truly make me feel as if I’m part of the Trione family. My twitter friend Jess @Moxie_Lady who works at Trione Winery who knows my passion for wine, had asked me last year if I would be interested in helping them and being part of their harvest. I felt very lucky to be asked and definitely could not turn down that opportunity. So again this year I worked side by side with Mark & Cathy Trione, Scot Covington the winemaker, and many other Trione family members. With the first load of grapes being Pinot Noir in the 2011 harvest we all toasted in celebration with a little sparkling. A big Trione family celebration that I am ever so thankful to have been part of. I learned so much about harvest and what goes into the whole process.





Trione Vineyards


2007 Russian River Valley


Pinot Noir


$35.00 a bottle



Helping with Trione Winery 2011 harvest and their first grapes to come in being Pinot Noir from the Russian River Valley, I had to blog their 2007 vintage. My favorite Pinot Noirs come from the Russian River Valley appellation and this Trione 2007 Pinot Noir is exceptional. A true Russian River Valley Pinot. Tasting these Pinot grapes only a few hours after being picked still amazes me that they create such an incredible bottle. The light fruit and earthiness of Russian River Pinot’s, complex structures and heartiness is what I love so much about these Pinot Noirs. Trione’s 2007 Pinot has aromas of dark cherry, blackberry, and earthy mushroom. First tasting light dark cherry and spice. Finishing with an earthy mushroom forest floor. A hearty yet super smooth Russian River Pinot Noir. Trione Winery also makes some other great wines, a Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonny, Syrah, and a Bordeaux Blend.










1 comment:

  1. Always glad to hear about good juice! Totally bummed I missed them when I visited the valley recently. Top of my short list on my next run! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete